“Going green” has been a rising trend in the United Sates since the 1970’s. An immeasurable number of Americans are trying to live eco-friendly lifestyles. But what we wonder is how open are people’s minds when it comes “gross” green alternatives?
Below is a list of “grimy” but “green” concepts provided by ForkParty.com. As they point out, “Some inventions on this list may seem weird now, but who knows… maybe fueling boats with our own fat will be the new norm.” Check out this list from Newser:
- Fertilizer: Instead of using fertilizer from animals, try human waste or human remains.
- Clothing: Would you wear something as dramatics as clothes made out of cigarette butts?
- Motor oil: Instead of using biodegradable motor oil, you might turn up your nose at the idea that it’s made from beef tallow.
- Feminine hygiene: Tired of tampons? Wear the Diva Cup for up to 12 hours instead. Of course you have to empty it afterward...
- Fur handbags: Not just any fur. Fur taken by grooming your very own pets.
- Boat: Instead of running on regular fuel, this green boat runs on human fat from liposuction clinics.
The list doesn’t end here. If you want to read about some more green products that make your stomach and mind turn, here are a few more links:
Buying eco-friendly products and having a compost pile in your back yard is great, but who knows what could change if people accepted these gross green product ideas as a natural way of living.
What do you think? Which of these concepts would you be willing to try out? Which would you absolutely refuse to use?